Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Celebration

Easter Sunday was a huge day for SVC:
1) It was Easter.
2) It was the last day of our 8-month series through the gospel of Luke.
3) It was the 40th day of our 40-Day Prayer Campaign.
4) It was the final day of our 7-Day Prayer Vigil.

And...it was one of the best worship services I have experienced.
The first time I saw "Cardboard Testimonies" I was convinced that it was something every church needs to do. Months ago, I knew that I wanted to do it here at SV...on Easter Sunday...celebrating the resurrection...on the last day of this series in Luke.
I hope to have our video up sometime soon. Words can't express the way God manifested himself through pieces of cardboard.
Below is the church who launched this experience (I think they were the first one) that has transformed churches around the world. Check it out.

4 comments:

  1. Our church did this on Easter also. It was extremely moving. Everyone left crying, it was so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday was incredibly moving but equally moving if not more so for me was our Friday night service. When I nailed my sins to that cross, and then sat down and closed my eyes and just listened to the hammers was just so powerful. I can tell you this...Satan did not like that!! He has been working overtime since then to tempt me. My prayer life has never been stonger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim,
    Friday night was very powerful. It was a great weekend of Spirit-filled moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a blessing this service was to my life! in one word: AWESOME :0)

    ReplyDelete