Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Night to Remember

Confession time...I'm a huge sports fan. Probably too much!
I've been a huge Mavs fan for years now. Last night the Mavs came to Memphis and lost by 5, but it was still a night to remember for the Ross family. My friend, Glenn Hailey, a member at SVC and a huge Griz fan took my family down to the Mavs shoot-a-round before most fans were allowed into the arena. Truitt was living the life. One of his favorite words right now is "SHOOT!" Every time Dirk, Howard, and the other Mavs had the ball, Truitt was encouraging them to "SHOOT!"
Then, we got a few pictures with our favorite players and the best owner in the NBA, Cuban.
I invited Cuban and Dirk to church on Sunday but they declined due to travel plans.
My conversation with Dirk didn't go very well due to the height differential. My conversation with Cuban was rather deep and meaningful:
Josh--"How you doing bro?"
Cuban--"Great. What's your son's name?"
Josh--"This is Truitt."
Josh (holding a Baby Mavs DVD for Cuban to sign)--"Thanks for educating my son. This is a great video."
Cuban (laughter)--"You bet."
Josh--"Did you get you some ribs yet?"
Cuban--"No. I wish. My flight just arrived."
Josh--"Can we get a picture?"
Cuban--"Absolutely."

Needless to say, we're the best of friends now.

Check it out.

10 comments:

  1. Rick Ross says: THAT is UNBELIEVABLE! How cool! I wish I could have been there to see Truitt with those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You turkey. The only thing that would make it better would be to photoshop in Spurs players.

    Bishop Slim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh - I put a link here on my blog. So quit writing ridiculous stuff like Cuban is the best owner in the NBA.

    Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started reading your blog, Josh. I'm your cousin Andee in Arkansas (Uncle Virgil's middle daughter). We're proud of you, & have heard good things about you from some of the SV family! I'll reintroduce myself out at Pepperdine, OK? Can't wait to get out there!

    Love the pics, & Truitt is a cutie----just a chip off the ole family block, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool pictures! how fun....and Kayci is sooo tiny! What a cute prego girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Cuban look like you are really happy together. It's a real shame that he couldn't make it for your church service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Troy, seriously? Spurs stuff? NEVER!

    Mike, I take it you have no love for Cuban. :)

    Annie, can't wait to see you at Pepperdine.

    Luke, I invited Cuban to say the opening prayer, but he had to get back to Dallas. I think he's a deacon at a church there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic of Tru-dog with the head band. That's great. Cope's got a point. C'mon...what has Cuban really accomplished other than writing more e-mails than any owner in the history of pro sports?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Graves, can you name another owner who has been on Dancing with the Stars and has had his own reality television show? The dude is a hit. He embraces incarnational theology--he sits on the bench with his players. He is in their lives. He is a resident theologian--always studying to see where the movement is leading him...how must he adapt...
    Do I sound like a naive Mavs fan or what?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My granddaughter turned 5 Sunday(4/5)...and what was her BEST present?????Tickets to the Mavs game....She was decked out in a pink mav jersey..while her mom's was white/blue and dad's was green...I called them about an hour before the game started and Lilly already had a poster, her face painted and her pom-poms!!! and boy did the Mavs WIN!!!! Glad to see that you are raising Truitt right! Love, Jean (Ballinger)

    ReplyDelete