Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blogging Grade

OK...if I were to receive a grade for blogging over the last few weeks, it wouldn't be too high. It would probably be better than the Elementary Math Reasoning course I took my sophomore year of college. In high school a "d" means that you fail. In college, "d" means done. But hey, what does a Bible major need math skills for? As ministers, we simply take a number and round up to the nearest hundred.

I'm tired. I think I might be overly committed. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving my life, but I do have a hunger for a greater balance.

Sunday morning was one of the coolest worship experiences I've been a part of. We had a special song sung by the praise team that Kip and Rachel knocked out of the park. It was dynamite. It set me up with 1st and goal at the 1.

Jim Hinkle shared a testimony about a tragedy in the Highland youth group back in January of 2005. Through tears, he told stories of God's faithfulness in the midst of great suffering. There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

Here's what is so cool about Lament--God has a resume full of moments when he has entered into pain and brokenness to love it and redeem it.

Many days, it is simply Immanuel, this idea that "God is with us" that keeps me alive and ticking.

5 comments:

  1. Josh, Sunday Jerry Taylor brought it as he gave a message that encouraged everyone to live intentionally and fully in the present. It was SO good and timely. The man is anointed. I will add rest to my prayers for you. May you find time to bow intentionally in the Presence of Christ right now so that He can fill you back up to your fullest capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! on Sunday's worship...all of it...I was exhausted. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday was awesome, I am still having some lamenting in my life, but GOD NEVER FAILS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Kristi said. Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be his glorious name!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday was awesome Josh and I was so glad that I decided to stay in town for church instead of leaving early!

    The series on The Psalms has truly been blessed and definitely been a blessing (at least to me)! Week after week I'm hearing different things that I need to be reminded of or that I've never realized or understood before.

    Just as you've been in prayer over me for the last few months, I will pray that you receive rest and find the balance that you so desperately crave right now.

    ReplyDelete