Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bye-Bye Cowboys

Where do the Cowboys go from here?
Jerry Jones isn't going anywhere. The dude has money, power, and the 8th wonder of the world.
Wade looked defeated long before the game was over.
Romo was the Romo of December. He was running for his life like McCoy when he was running from the Huskers. (I just had to throw that one in there)
The defense didn't play that bad. The offense put them in some awful situations.
Do they fire Wade and go after Cowher?
Do they give Jason Garrett a shot?
Do they keep Wade and give it another year?

Props to Favre. I think he retired during the 1st quarter and decided to come back 7 minutes later. The dude is 40 but he can still play.

I did think it was classless that the Vikings would go for it two times on fourth down when the game was already out of hand. If I were Brooking, I would have taken a 15-yard penalty and a possible fine and I would have put my helmet in Favre's chest before he made it to the sideline. The "D" still has to stop a team even if it is bad sportsmanship, but they have felt it.

Too many questions at this point. But, I'm a fan and I'll remain faithful.

3 comments:

  1. I hoped for better results but wasn't surprised either. I think Wade will stay but don't have confidence he is the guy to take them further. I've been suggesting Jerry hire Mike Leach just to hear the comments I get. I'm sure DeMarcus Ware would put Leach in a closet within a day. I would like to see Cowher here but the difficulty is finding the guy who can work with Jerry and I'm not sure Cowher is that guy. Go Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday's game was heartbreaking for me. I didn't expect the Vikings to shut the Cowboys down like they did. I see that Jerry Jones decided to keep Phillips another year. I'm not sure why, but he is. I will remain a proud Cowboys fan regardless! Now, it's time for the Colts to win another ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to see teams run it up on other teams, too. I am afraid the days of sportsmanship are fading. But it was guys like Jimmy Johnson that began this trend. We saw it in the National Championship game, too.

    I would suggest that if you don't want the other team's offense to run it up, then don't take three timeouts in the last few minutes when there is no chance of coming back.

    All that to say I agree. Let's bring class and sportsmanship back to sports!

    ReplyDelete