Monday, March 30, 2009

Tulsa...Arkansas...Mavs...Tiger...Family

The Tulsa Workshop was a hit this past weekend. I haven't been since 2001 and this time I was honored to speak a few times. The audience was great. People come to Tulsa hungry and excited to enter into powerful worship and to receive some words from Jesus. Terry Rush has my deepest respect as a guy who truly knows how to love people.
**********
We broke a fast last Wednesday night at SVC, so I wasn't able to leave for Tulsa until 8:00pm. I arrived Thursday morning at 2:30, watched ESPN for 30 minutes, and slept for a few hours before waking up to speak. I drove because there wasn't a flight that left after 8:00 from Memphis. I made some enemies yesterday morning at SVC because I made this statement:
"I came back from Tulsa with a new evangelistic strategy. If churches were to adopt this strategy, their churches would double in two weeks. Here it is--If you don't know Jesus you will go to hell and hell is going to be like a long drive through Arkansas at midnight."
**********
My Mavs were up on the Cavs by 15 yesterday in the 2nd quarter. They lost by 30 and they only scored 25 total points in the 2nd half.
On the other hand, Tiger proved that he is not human again yesterday. That was amazing!
**********
Lastly, I went 3 full days without seeing my wife and son. Seeing them yesterday was better than Christmas morning. Today, I am resting with the fam.

3 comments:

  1. Go LeBron! My disinterest in the Mavs is topping my disinterest in the Cowboys these days.

    I'm glad you had a good time and survived Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drive through Arkansas is a killer. I am sure it is my back telling me that. I have to be careful talking about Arkansas, though, since my ministry partner is from there (as if that would stop me).

    I DVRed the tournament yesterday, but there had been a 1-1/2 hour rain delay, so it cut out at hole 12. I am still pouting about it. Why can't they program DVRs to take into consideration things like rain delays, presidential speeches and news alerts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was squealing at the television yesterday when Tiger hit that putt at 18... I am so glad to have him back - he's incredible!

    ReplyDelete