Thursday, February 26, 2009

Confessions from a Journal

This was written in a journal back on November 18, 2008:

I'm hungry and starving for a deep, meaningful, memorable experience with God. So hungry that I have traveled to New York on a cold day in November to attend a prayer meeting at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. I'm disgusted and irritated at superficial Christianity. "Status quo" limits our willingness and ability to embrace the glory of God. I hunger for a fresh outpouring of God's Spirit.

I quickly jotted these words down while praying in Brooklyn last November.

Last night at SVC, there was fresh outpouring of God's Spirit as we gathered for a time of worship and prayer. It would take pages to write down all of the ways God connected with us. This morning, my heart is full of gratitude for God's goodness and faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment