Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Few Nuggets

Soledad O'Brien is my favorite reporter on television. She works for CNN and does special reports. Last summer she hosted "Black in America" and it was excellent.
**********
I am grateful for the cool summer. Actually, my pregnant wife is the one who is really grateful.
**********
I want to learn the power of this, "I desire mercy, not sacrifice."
**********
I'm not a big fan of "forwards." People can quickly lose their "forwarding" credibility with me. If anyone attempts to send me forwards that demonize or demoralize people of power, it automatically goes in the trash.

3 comments:

  1. I could not agree more about the sending of "forwards." On occasion, I have sent a "send all" reminding those on the list of how unholy what they are partaking in is.

    I, too, am going through a paradigm shift as I consider the "mercy, not sacrifice" theme. THE JESUS CREED (McKnight), although its message is so obvious, has been a major catalyst in my reframing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn the second lesson right along with you, friend! I have a desire to go so much deeper with the Lord and I'm praying that as the Lord and I go deeper together, I will remain faithful, humble, authentic, and full to the highest measure of His character. A character that goes beyond my humanness, insufficiencies, and weaknesses. He is just the best Teacher there is :) You are in my prayers every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to learn the second lesson right along with you, friend! I have a deep driving desire to go deeper with the Lord. I want to go beyond my humanness, insufficiencies, and weaknesses so that He and He alone could be the definition of who I am and so that He could renovate all of me to humbly, authentically, and fully make me full to the highest measure of the character of Jesus. I pray for you and Kayci daily and I won't stop.

    ReplyDelete