Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Feast

You need this book on your bookshelf.
Josh Graves has graciously allowed me to join him on this two-year journey of publishing his first book. I've read through a number of drafts to the point I could quote most of this book in my sleep. Yet, every time I read it, I want to preach it. What I love about The Feast is that Josh doesn't write from a secluded office with a laptop on a desk covered with commentaries and scholarly work. He writes from lived-experiences. This book was birthed from walking the streets of Detroit.
The Feast is now available on Family Christian Bookstore's website. Click here to purchase.

Click here for a brief intro to the book.

Another reason (small reason) to buy this book is that Josh trusted me to write the Study Guide. The following is the first paragraph of the Study Guide:

The Feast attempts to create a hunger for a holistic spirituality that is rooted in the Jesus-Story. This is a move away from institutionalism and the temptation to compartmentalize the faith journey. Instead, it offers permission and a desperate invitation to yield to God as he cultivates imaginations that will rethink what it means to walk alongside neighbors and strangers as we embrace the character and nature of Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. It's most definitely going on my want list! Good thing my birthday and Christmas are on their way :) My lists just keep getting bigger and there's no way around it. So glad the two of you are on this journey with one another to edify, encourage, and sharpen the Body of Christ. Blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic's of NJ...thanks for the blurb per The Feast. You have been a great partner on this journey. You read more than you should have. I got your copy waiting in Nashville.

    I tried to Skype you tonight...I think you were in bed already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will it be available on Amazon soon?
    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh! It is so good to see you are doing exactly what God has called you to do! (I am going out and buying your book today!) You and your sweet family will be in my prayers!! Check out our blog sometime www.thecassadyfamily.blogspot.com

    - Katie Russell Cassady

    ReplyDelete