Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Noah

Today, I told Noah that it is time to come out of the ark. His mother is ready for Noah to receive the twig.

**********

Check out this post from Kayci's blog. SVC threw us a shower and they were very generous and gracious.
My mother flew in from Dallas to attend and it was great having her here. One of the funniest moments of the shower was having some of the middle-aged women (Stephanie Taylor and Donna Davenport) attempting to guess the age of my mom.

**********

Noah received his first email last week. Here it is:
Noah,

I don’t know if this is your first email or not, but I want to be one of the first to welcome you into the world. I prayed for you this morning, and your sweet mother, and your devoted dad. I pray that your arrival will be pleasant. There are so many folks who are excited about your arrival. I pray that God will shape your life and you will be a Godly man like your namesake.

Like the first Noah, let me be the first to warn you that you are entering a world full of folks in rebellion to God’s will. You must be in the world, but not of the world. I pray you will love people and seek their salvation. I know this is getting pretty heavy for a guy not even born yet.

I hope I get to be the first one to take you on a horse ride. I look forward to that day. I hope to encourage you in the days ahead.

May God bless you,

John French

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful letter to Noah! And so true. I keep checking for a birth announcement. Did Truitt arrive early? -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Truitt was almost a week early.
    I hope you guys are having fun in San Anton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to tell Steph. Taylor that you called her middle aged! HAHA - JK

    ReplyDelete