Monday, May 3, 2010

Backing Out of Baptism...Almost

I haven't written much recently, but I hope to get back into a better rhythm soon. 2010 has been a nice punch in the gut and the motivation and inspiration to write just isn't there.

I had the privilege of talking with my buddy Eric yesterday morning before he was baptized. Eric is 13 years old and he is a die-hard Memphis Tigers fan. The kid bleeds blue.
So he stood with me in front of a few hundred people and I told him how proud I was of him. I bragged on his family for a minute, and then I told him that baptism means something. It calls us to a way of life. I told him that our baptisms mean that we have to love University of Tennessee fans and that we have to pray for them...and not just for them to lose. At that point, I think he almost backed out, but he went ahead and went through with it. When asked about it later on during the day, Eric told everyone that I was joking. HA!
Here's the link.

2 comments:

  1. Watched the link. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next you are going to say I have to love OU (or Zero U) fans. Scary.

    I'm glad Eric made such a great decision.

    ReplyDelete