Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sports Central

Ok, it's been way too long since I've talked sports, so here you go:
  1. I want a Suns-Magic NBA finals, but I'm afraid it's going to be Lakers-Celtics. I've got to pull for Nash here. The dude was shooting running 3-pointers with one eye. (It reminded me of myself going one-on-one with Graves) Plus, Nash is who he is because he was formed and shaped as a Maverick. My prediction, Lakers over Celtics in 6.
  2. There's a good chance Nebraska is going to get an invite to the Big 10. Though it will bring them more money, I don't want them to do it. Nebraska vs Ohio St isn't going to bring the kind of excitement as Nebraska vs OU or UT. Plus, it's hard enough for NU to recruit kids out of Texas...it will be even harder in the Big 10. My prediction, NU stays in the Big XII. Missouri goes to the Big 10. TCU joins the Big XII.
  3. Could things get any worse for Tiger?
  4. The Cowboys picked Dez Bryant in the 1st round. I hope he performs so well that Jerry cuts Roy Williams. My prediction for the Cowboys this year: 11-5.

That's all for now.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Josh,
    I always like to have one-liners so people think I know more about sports than I actually do, so I'll just say "Yes, Nebraska should totally not go to the Big 10!" I'm with you. Really, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :) Just want you to know that we are still praying and thinking of you all as you walk down this road of grieving. Derran and I love you guys so much. We are inspired by your lives in ministry, and count ourselves blessed to be your friends. Know you are prayed for and loved continually in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I'd like to see Suns v. Magic too. I'm still holding out that Orlando will come back and beat the Celtics. It could happen.
    2. I must be sleeping under a rock. I've not heard the firt word about NE joing to Big X. I've only heard that ND may join them. I hope they stay with the Big XII.
    3. Tiger - a little humility would go a long way!
    4. I agree with your Cowboys comments. I would only add 1 thing. Dez looks like he may become a distraction on the scale of T.O.. Let's hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Celtics/Lakers match-up because it reminds me of the old days when I was young. I'm not a huge Nash fan nor fan of anything coming in or out of Mav land but I'm not much of a pro basketball fan either. I think the competition is much better after church on a Wednesday night.

    Nebraska going to the Big 10 doesn't make sense to me but little does these days. I hear TCU won't be invited in to the big boy league because it helps them start pulling some of the same recruits Texas and OU get now. I don't know that I see that happening but TCU has done some really good stuff the past few years. Go Frogs.

    I don't have any idea what's going on with Tiger right now. Humble pie is good for all of us though.

    I wish Roy Williams was playing better. He was a stud at UT and I would like to see him and Dez be the guys but I doubt that will happen. I guess since I watched 1 whole Cowboy game last year I don't get a voice at Jerry's table so my thoughts may not count.

    Let's talk baseball. Neftali is gunning 'em down right now and it's so good to see Vlad in Rangers red and blue. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Well, I guess it will be Lakers/Celtics and I am a western conference girl, so I will pull for the Lakers.

    2. I don't get conferences with names like "Big 10" who want more than 10 teams - shouldn't they change their name? I think will all the expanding conferences, someday there will be a "Big USA Conference" with everyone in it, but somehow the University of Memphis will find a way to not get an invitation.

    3. Things can ALWAYS get worse.

    4. Don't know anything about the Cowboys... GO TITANS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann,
    Kayci and I think of you guys often.

    John,
    I'm glad you still love the Cowboys.

    Jeff,
    Forgive me for not talking any baseball.

    Missy,
    I love your love for Memphis, and I love having a girl-friend who can talk sports. :) How about some ESPN monopoly again sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete