Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Mom,
I called you this morning at 7:25am. I'm glad you were awake. You and I usually have a lot to talk about. But this morning, I didn't know what to say. I remember sitting in the hallway of the hospital with you during the 18-day fight for Jenny's life. As we sat their weeping, you lifted up a prayer expressing to God that it was 31 years ago that your life began.
For 31 years you have laid your life down for your 3 kids. You have been a discipler, nurturer and companion. Your 3 kids adore Jesus because you showed us a way of life that is absolutely thrilling. You made Jesus fun and adventurous!
Today, you grieve. For the first time in over 3 decades, you won't hear the voice of your oldest child on mother's day. I'm sorry. I wish I could be in Decatur with you. But know this, Jenny adored you.
You are loved in Memphis today!
Blessings,
Josh

3 comments:

  1. I prayed for your mom on Mother's Day. Just so you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prayed for your mom on Mother's Day. Just so you know...

    ReplyDelete