Monday, May 24, 2010

Freedom

Here's a video I shot a few weeks ago for a new series I'm doing called "Unchained." It's now on youtube. It's based on the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22. The Fruit of the Spirit is born out of a context of freedom. It teaches us how to live as free people.
Thanks to the Joe and Chris from the Highpoint Church. These guys do amazing videos. Check them out here.
Eric Cheney, the heart and soul of the tech crew at SVC helped me as well. This dude volunteers at least 15 hours of his week to help us at SVC.
Also, thanks to my dear friend and one of my shepherds, Jim Coleman, the chief jailor at the famous 201 Poplar jail here in Memphis. This guy has a flock of 1,000 staff members and 3,000 inmates and he deeply cares about them all.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That was awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message. Thanks, Boss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was unbelievable! Freedom must be a lesson the Lord wants me to re-examine and relearn because He used one of my mentors, Jayma Savage, to speak on this very subject last night at our time of communion in conjunction with our monthly instrumental praise service. Thank you for your heart, your pursuits of what godly freedom looks like fleshed out, and leading a people to live in this way...unchained indeed! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome video, awesome message Josh! I have often asked my self why I keep going back to the chains of my past...and not letting God give me what He has in store for me. The fruit of the Spirit I am not embracing is self control....thank you for the reminder that I can walk in freedom and take the chains off that I have allowed to keep me from walking in self control. May the Lord continue to speak mightily through you and bless you in Ephesians 3:20 ways. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This was awesome! Like Lauren said above, I think God is really working on me lately and this goes right along with what He's been talking to me about lately. Thanks for sharing and thanks for letting God work through you so powerfully!

    Blessings~
    danna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this on a friend of mines blog spot, and it was amazing and came at a great time. I will probably listen to it a few more times today, and maybe tomorrow.....Thank you for sharing the truth of freedom...I see what you said 100% in my life right now. I have been battling a very ugly divorce for the past year, I left from a very abusive situation with four kids....what hit home with me was we do tend to do what is familiar...now I need to do what God wants me to do...I have been working on my walk with Him for a few months now, and last year this video probably would not of made much sense to me...I would of just passed it up and said...thats nice...today it hits home

    ReplyDelete