Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day of Jubilee Follow-Up

Back in July I wrote about one of the most powerful worship experiences I've ever witnessed. You can read about it here.

This morning an anonymous letter was sitting in my box. Here's what it said:
Recently your congregation celebrated a "Day of Jubilee" in which your leadership invited those members in need to take what they needed. At that time, I did not want to take/receive what I needed to make it through the week because I knew there were people who needed it much more than I did.
God works in mysterious ways, and I humbly received $125 for my family, which was greatly needed, and put to use for bills and supply to finish the week. We now humbly return what was blessed unto us and increase it ten times told, in hopes it can bless someone else.

The envelope was stuffed with cash. Let those who have ears to hear, let them hear.

3 comments:

  1. Love that! I hope to be generous when I have a steady, God-supplied income. I wish there were more people like this in our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for the work God is doing through your congregation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I have Holy-Spirit goose bumps all over!

    ReplyDelete