Friday, May 15, 2009

Pet Peeves

I've been in crowded places over the last couple of weeks (numerous airports) and Kayci and I have had fun discussing our pet peeves. Here are a few of mine:
  • People who talk on their cell phone so loud that the entire airport can hear them. Seriously, tone it down! The person on the other end can hear you just fine.
  • People who are walking in a crowded area, or down a sidewalk, and then they decide to stop right in front of you. People, it is not hard...just move over to the side because next time I might just run over you!
  • People who have been wearing those ridiculous masks "to prevent" the swine flu. A woman sat next to Kayci on the plane with one of those things on. Kayci and I were proud of ourselves because we held in our laughter for the entire flight.
  • People who fart on a plane. This one is not cool...at all! We can't roll windows down. We can't get up and move. Everyone suffers and we're forced to cup our hands over our mouths which doesn't work very well.
  • Loud ice-chompers.
  • When people make turns without using their blinker.
  • People who sit behind third base at a baseball game and think that they have a view to yell at a umpire for calling an apparent "strike" a "ball."

That's it for now. What about you?

8 comments:

  1. People that get to go to a day game at Wrigley and see the best team in the world play while i am at work. hahahahahahhaha
    Jason Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,
    Good one!
    I thought of you yesterday at the game. Wrigley was incredible. Great atmosphere. So much history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the lady was wearing the mask because she was the one farting on the plane. Just a thought.

    One of the best comments I've ever heard at a youth baseball game...
    Umpire (calling kid out while stealing 2nd): You're out!
    Coach (sitting outside of dugout) No way. He was safe by a step.
    Umpire: Coach, you think you are in a better position to make the call?
    Coach: If I can call balls and strikes from here, I can sure make that call from here too.
    Umpire: (starts laughing) no comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Wrigley is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm not cool. But I like to watch other people put their hands over their faces (as if THAT'S going to do any good).

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loud cell phone talkers for sure. Especially the ones who are leaving the airport giving the other person on the other end a detailed play-by-play. "I'm leaving the terminal now. I'm outside. My bus just pulled up. Wow. What great timing. My buss driver's nice. How much do I tip? You know me I'm so cheap. We're trying to find my car. What did I do with my parking slip? Oh...there's my care."

    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff,
    I love the story. I might use it one day.

    Justin,
    I thought of you while at Wrigley.

    Dad,
    Ha! That's all I'm going to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I share many of those peeves.

    People paying for something and just dropping their money/card on the counter, you could hand it to me like I'm a person or something.

    When people walk up in line on their cellphone and shush me.

    Drivers who don't know they have the right-of-way, so they just sit there.

    Line cutters - just because you are only buying a newspaper doesn't give you the right to go ahead of everyone else.

    People who don't smile back or respond to polite conversation (say, "Thank you"!).

    I think I need to stop before I get too worked up.

    ReplyDelete