Monday, May 4, 2009

Where is God?

The last 5 days have been a whirlwind. After two days of traveling, I have arrived in Lubbock. Kayci and I are off to Malibu tomorrow morning. I've only had time to jump online and publish a few of your comments. I have not had a chance to respond.
When I return, I'd like to take up a few of your questions. The question of "Where is God in the midst of tragedies?" is a great question. People have been asking it for thousands of years.
A few book suggestions:
Philip Yancey (Prayer)
Philip Yancey (Disappointment with God)
Philip Yancey (Where is God When it Hurts?)
William Young (The Shack)

Please pray for Kayci and me this week.

2 comments:

  1. Josh, I spotted you a couple of times at the lectures, but always across the fieldhouse with a big crowd in between! I know you're doing a great job today, & I'm sorry we had to miss hearing you. I've already ordered the CD of your presentation. We left yesterday afternoon so we could get back to see our DIL graduate tomorrow from HU. Know Pepperdine was a blessing to you like it was to us & everyone who attends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, I spotted you at Pepperdine a couple of times, but there was always a big crowd between us, & I never could get over to you in time. We had to leave yesterday afternoon, so I'm missing your presentation this morning at the fieldhouse. I did order it though, so can't wait to listen to it when all that comes in the mail, hopefully soon! I know the days there were a blessing to you & Kayci as they are to everyone who attends the lectures! And, the spectacular weather & scenery never hurts either, huh? :) I guess driving to Memphis from LR to hear you speak would make more sense & cost less money, so I need to make that happen one of these days!

    ReplyDelete